Protect Your Business with Non-Slip Concrete Coating
Step up to safety
Keep your business
Your visitors and employees deserve the best
Is your business facing the headache of slippery concrete floors?
It is a common pain point that many business owners face, leading to accidents and injuries, lost time, and financial loss.
The consequences can be dire, resulting in decreased customer satisfaction and lower productivity.
It’s time to take action and keep your business running smoothly with non-slip concrete coatings.
At Xpedite Coatings, we understand how crucial it is to have safe flooring.
That’s why we offer high-quality non-slip concrete coatings that are easy to maintain and budget-friendly.
Benefits of Non-Slip Concrete Coatings
Slippery concrete surfaces can be a real danger zone, especially in hospitals.
Whether it’s your home or your business, nobody wants to risk a slip and fall on their property.
It can be a scary experience that can leave you or someone else with a severe injury.
Fortunately, there’s a solution that can help prevent such accidents.
Non-slip concrete coatings can provide extra safety for your floors, ramps, and other surfaces.
But the benefits of non-slip concrete coatings don’t stop there.
Our coatings also provide increased durability and weather resistance, protecting your concrete surface from harsh elements and wear and tear.
Plus, with various colors and finishes, you can enhance the look of your concrete surface while improving safety.
Commercial Non-Slip Concrete Coating FAQs
What are non-slip concrete coatings?
We apply non-slip concrete coatings to concrete surfaces to improve their slip resistance. These coatings provide a textured surface that increases friction and reduces the risk of slip and fall accidents, especially in areas with high foot traffic or exposure to moisture.
Non-slip concrete coatings can be made from various materials, including epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, and rubber.
They come in different colors, patterns, and textures, allowing them to blend seamlessly into any environment while providing the desired level of slip resistance.
We commonly use non-slip concrete coatings in commercial and industrial settings, such as warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and public spaces. We can also use them in residential settings, such as pool decks, patios, and garage floors, to improve safety and prevent accidents.
What industries use non-slip concrete coatings?
We use non-slip concrete coatings in a wide range of industries, including:
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing facilities often have areas exposed to water, oils, and chemicals, making them slippery and hazardous. Non-slip concrete coatings provide a textured surface that reduces the risk of slip and fall accidents.
- Warehousing and Distribution: Warehouses and distribution centers have high foot traffic areas that require slip-resistant flooring. Non-slip concrete coatings can provide a durable and safe surface for employees to walk on.
- Retail and Hospitality: Retail stores, restaurants, and hotels use non-slip concrete coatings on floors, stairs, and other areas to prevent slip and fall accidents and reduce liability.
- Healthcare: Hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities must maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff. Healthcare facilities use non-slip concrete coatings in hallways, waiting rooms, and bathrooms to reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents.
- Residential: Non-slip concrete coatings are also popular in residential settings, such as patios, pool decks, and garage floors. They provide a safe and slip-resistant surface for homeowners and their guests.
Any industry with concrete surfaces and safety concerns can benefit from non-slip concrete coatings.
What are the regulations for non-slip coatings and slip resistance standards?
Several regulatory bodies provide guidelines for slip resistance, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): The ADA requires that all walking surfaces be slip-resistant to prevent accidents and injuries. The guidelines specify surfaces must have a static coefficient of friction (SCOF) of at least 0.6.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): OSHA has regulations that require employers to provide a safe work environment for their employees. This includes ensuring that floors are slip-resistant and free of hazards.
- National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI): The NFSI is a non-profit organization that provides slip resistance standards and certification programs for flooring products.
We measure a surface’s slip resistance using a tribometer, which calculates the surface’s friction coefficient. We then compare the results to industry standards to determine if the surface meets the required slip resistance standards.
Can a non-slip concrete coating be applied to my existing concrete floor?
You can cost-effectively improve the existing concrete floor by applying a non-slip coating.
Applying a non-slip coating to an existing concrete floor is often the most practical and cost-effective way to improve its slip resistance.
Before applying the coating, the existing concrete floor must be thoroughly cleaned and prepared to ensure good adhesion. This typically involves removing dirt, oil, or other contaminants from the surface and repairing any cracks or damage.
Once the surface is clean and prepared, a roller or sprayer can apply the non-slip concrete coating. We apply the coating in multiple layers to achieve the desired slip resistance and durability level.
It is important to note that the existing concrete floor must be structurally sound and free of any significant damage or deterioration for the coating to be effective.
The type of non-slip coating used will depend on the application’s specific requirements, such as the level of foot or vehicle traffic, exposure to chemicals or moisture, and aesthetic considerations.
How long does a non-slip concrete coating last?
The lifespan of a non-slip concrete coating depends on several factors, including the type of coating used, the level of foot or vehicle traffic, exposure to the elements, and the level of maintenance.
To maximize the lifespan of a non-slip concrete coating, it’s crucial to maintain regular cleaning and proper maintenance to prevent damage and extend the life of the coating.
It is also important to address any issues, such as cracks or damage, as soon as they arise to prevent further damage to the coating.
What is the recommended maintenance and cleaning procedure for floors with non-slip coatings?
The recommended maintenance and cleaning procedure for floors with non-slip coatings may vary depending on the specific type of coating. However, here are some general tips:
- Regular cleaning: Sweep or vacuum the floor daily to remove loose dirt and debris. Use a damp mop or cloth to wipe the surface with a mild cleaner or detergent. Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the coating.
- Deep cleaning: Depending on the level of foot or vehicle traffic, a deep cleaning may be required periodically. Use a floor scrubber with a soft-bristled brush or pad and a mild detergent or cleaning solution. Rinse the surface thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue.
- Stain removal: Promptly clean any spills or stains using a mild detergent or cleaner. Avoid using bleach or other harsh chemicals, which can damage the coating.
- Repair any damage: Inspect the surface regularly for any cracks or damage to the coating. Repair any damage as soon as possible to prevent further damage and ensure the continued effectiveness of the non-slip coating.
- Avoid harsh treatments: Avoid using hot water, high-pressure water jets, or steam cleaners on the surface, as they can damage the coating.